Are you ready to identify yourself as a follower of Jesus Christ?
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit…"
~ Matt. 28:19
At Mosaic, we believe that Christian baptism is a public declaration of and identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection signified by immersion in water.
- Baptisms take place periodically at Mosaic and are some of the most exciting events that we celebrate! Baptismal services are usually held after one of our normal service times.
- Once you complete the form below, it will be submitted to the Mosaic Elders and an administrator will contact you with more information.
Before we can be baptized, we need to understand what baptism is and what it is for.
What Is The Gospel?
The gospel is the historical narrative of the triune God orchestrating the reconciliation and redemption of a broken creation and fallen creatures from Satan, sin and its effects to the Father and each other through the life, death, resurrection and future return of the Son by the power of the Spirit for God’s glory and the church’s joy.
- Why am I here? (Creation)
- What went wrong? (The Fall)
- Is there any hope? (The Rescue)
- How can the world be set right again? What will the future hold? (The Restoration)
What Is Baptism?
Water baptism is only intended for the individual who has received the saving benefits of Christ’s atoning work and become His disciple. Therefore, in obedience to Christ’s command and as a testimony to God, the church, oneself and the world, a believer should be immersed in water in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Water baptism is a visual and symbolic demonstration of a person’s union with Christ in the likeness of His death and resurrection. It signifies that a person’s former way of life has been put to death and depicts a release from the mastery of sin.
As a symbol, baptism illustrates a number of significant realities:
- Christ’s death and resurrection
- The disciple’s union with Christ in His death and resurrection
- The new life in which a disciple walks
- Cleansing and washing away of sin
Why Should A Person Be Baptized?
- To obey the commands of Christ
- To evidence that a person is a disciple of Christ
- To follow the example of Christ
Who Should Be Baptized?
Baptism is for believers, not to make a believer. Baptism does not save anyone (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5). Anyone who has come to a personal knowledge of their sin, repented of their sinfulness, and has come to Christ by faith to ask Christ for salvation, believing in His finished work on the cross as the Son of God, can be baptized.
When Should A Person Be Baptized?
We need to understand that Baptism is a biblical command. Baptism is one of the first steps a new believer should take in following Jesus. For the Christian baptism is an obedience issue. Although baptism is a simple biblical truth, for some it can be very difficult to go through with for a multitude of reasons. Sometimes fears and failures can keep a believer from obeying the Lord’s command but as real as these reasons are they are still improper motivations for delaying baptism.
How Should A Person Be Baptized?
Types if Baptisms:
The Greek word βαπτίζω (baptizo) literally means to plunge, submerge or immerse. The representation of union in Christ’s death and resurrection is best expressed through immersion.
The surrounding context of baptisms in the Scriptures suggests baptism by immersion. All baptisms in the Bible were done by Immersion therefore at Mosaic this is the only method in which we baptize anyone.
Where Should A Person Be Baptized?
The "why" is more important than the location. We have baptized believers at serval venues but always by immersion. We have used backyard pools, rivers, lakes, hotel indoor pools, and hot tubs.
Who Can Baptize At Mosaic?
- Believers should be baptized by believers
- Anyone who has faithfully obeyed the ordinance of baptism and who is in good standing as a member of Mosaic Bible Church.
Ok. Let's Do This!
If you are ready to show the world that you are a child of God by obeying Jesus in believer's baptism, fill out this form and one of our leadership team will get in contact with you.